Northern Territory Government Worker Attraction Campaign
In October 2017 the Northern Territory Government (NTG) came to Rigani with a brief:
Design a campaign that attracts people to the Northern Territory to work for the NT Government.
In designing a creative concept for this brief we needed to address two key factors;
- We needed a campaign that would attract people from across Australia.
- We needed a campaign that worked across all government departments, from Health, to Education, to Administration and across all locations in the Territory, including the CBD, regional centres and remote communities.
One government. One campaign.
THE CREATIVE CONCEPT
We conducted a detailed briefing session with the relevant government departments, which involved a thorough review of their data.
From this review, an element emerged that was present across all departments:
- A job with the NT government offers career advancement
- A job with the NT government offers unique experiences
- A job with the NT government offers a healthy work/life balance
But this element of opportunity reaches beyond the career aspects of relocating to the Territory. Life in the Territory offers opportunities for travel and adventure that are not available anywhere else in Australia.
Rigani developed 3 creative concepts for consideration, from which the Our Life Out Here concept was selected. This concept focused on the real people of the NTG, allowing them tell their stories of relocating to the Territory and working for NTG.
What better endorsement of the Northern Territory lifestyle than from the people who are actually living it?
Assembling a team of creatives from both the Territory and interstate, including Tomoro, Global Headquarters, and Studio McNaught, Rigani coordinated every stage of the campaign.
Rigani project-managed every aspect of the campaign
- Liaison with the Chief Minister and relevant government departments
- Media planning involvement to ensure effective placement
- Organisation and engagement of suppliers
Rigani implemented the production of the campaign.
- Art direction at every film shoot
- Interviews of every character featured in the campaign
- Design of the Our Life Out Here website in collaboration with Tomoro, optimised for access from computer, mobile and tablet
- Creation of web content, including copy, images, video, and links.
Rigani had the campaign finalised and ready for launch in March 2018. A short turnaround for such an immense campaign.
Early results indicate a higher than average click-through rate; the digital display with video achieving the highest click-through rate.
Currently these results rank significantly higher than those achieved by previous Government campaigns.
The campaign presents 6 characters from selected government departments across the Territory.
Six different lives, six different stories.
It is this diversity that demonstrates the real strength of the Our Life Out Here campaign. The top performing character differs across each channel and across each state and territory.
Optimisation for mobile and tablet was a vital component in the design of the Our Life Out Here website, as the majority of views have been from these devices.